torsdag 5. februar 2009

Just like a pill


A 13-year-old chinese girl attempted suicide to save her father who is suffering from cancer. When her father was diagnosed with cancer the girl became so depressed that she ate 200 sleeping pills--so that her father could have her organs when she was dead.

She failed and ended up in the hospital's intensive care unit, drifting in and out of consciuosness.

I believe this story is so unique and so touching in many ways. It is of course frightening and tragic that a teenage girl would end her life to save her father -- but at the same time it is so moving...

Kind of a special incident, I sure hope I don't get to see those kind of stories too often..

8 kommentarer:

Kjo1v sa...
Denne kommentaren har blitt fjernet av forfatteren.
Kjo1v sa...

Damn that's messed up. Think I've heard about something similar but that was husband and not wife, can't really compare that to this. Btw do you think I'll get a better grade from Mrs. Michalsen if I make like lots of comments on your fabolous blog?

Kristian Otterstad Andresen sa...

Hehe, I believe so.. I'll comment on your blog too=)

Kjo1v sa...

No need for that I like my blog the way it is. Not full of nasty comments, just pure. Best to keep it that way imo.

Kristian Otterstad Andresen sa...

hehe

Unknown sa...

Hey Kristian,

I really don't know what to say about this. It's kind of scary if you think about it. But what she tried to do for her father was very touching. I think her father probably wanted her to live instead of dying for him. Two hundred sleeping pills is just to much. I'm suprised it didn't kill her. Hopefully she is ok now.

I'll be commenting more on your blog later and keep up the good work!

Galen
mhsgalen.edublogs.org

Unknown sa...

That's really messed up. I guess in some ways it very touching. She took a risk just to save somebody that she loved.

Unknown sa...

I'm surprised I haven't heard about this before. It is really touching that she would give her life to save her father's. Her actions show how much she loves him. However, I think she should have thought about the other people this affects. She should have thought about her family and how they are already hurting with the diagnosis of her father, and now they almost lost her on top of that. Regardless, this is still a touching and interesting story that I will look into.


Kenzie
from the U.S.
mckenzie06.edublogs.org